Sunday, May 23, 2010

Charlotte Day 2

Ok, I think I have made you guys wait long enough for me to post the rest of the details that went down in Charlotte, so here comes day 2!

Day two started off just as any normal day at a swim meet would start. Wake up at the crack of dawn (literally the sun was not quite up yet when I got up) and head to the pool to watch warm ups and prelims. It was a pretty low key morning. Watched some exciting prelims and scoped out the pool deck for our beloved Olympians. Cameras in hand ready to snap that perfect shot. Once again we were surrounded by Olympians in the Gold Medal Seating! Prelims end and K and I start heading back to the car. As we are walking we spot Mark Gangloff outside, so we take the opportunity to snatch a picture with him!

We were pretty excited about finals on this particular night, because the 100 back was stacked! Anyone of those men could have won! The aquatic center was sold out, and the atmosphere was awesome! I honestly did not know who to cheer for during that race, so I just cheered in general. It was so great to see Nick Thoman take the lead in the end! Such an exciting race to watch in person. It was an exciting night with some exciting races!


Universal Sports Headline News